Frozen Watermelon Bites
With Go Raw Sprouted Watermelon Seeds
Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Paleo
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked
- 1.5 cups Go Raw Sprouted Watermelon Seeds
- 1 cup fresh watermelon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. coconut butter
- 1 slice of beet, mashed and skin removed for color (optional)
- Pit dates if they’re not pitted already and chop them in half.
- Place into a bowl of purified water and allow to soak for 1-2 hours.
- Once dates are soaked, remove them and place them into a food processor.
- Pulse a few times and then add 1 cup watermelon seeds, coconut butter, watermelon, reserving ½ cup of the seeds for later.
- Add the mashed beet if you are using it.
- Blend until well combined, scraping the sides of the food processor as you go.
- Add the rest of your watermelon seeds and pulse so that some of the seeds remain chunky.
- If you want a smoother texture, continue to blend but I think these are great with a nice crunch.
- Remove mixture from food processor, place in a small bowl and cover, allowing to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and keeping your fingertips slightly wet, roll the mixture into balls and place only a plate.
- Once you are done rolling, add a few extra watermelon seeds to the top.
- If you want to create cake pops, add sticks to the side of the bites before placing in the freezer.
- Place the watermelon bites in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until nice and frozen!
- This recipe makes 20-25 Protein Bites.