With Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
Makes 4 to 6 patties (depending on size)
- 1 cup of sliced baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1/2 of a medium Shallot, chopped
- 2 large Beets, peeled and chopped (I used Golden Beets, but regular Beets work too)
- 1 Tbsp. of Virgin Coconut Oil or EVOO
- 1 Lbs of organic, Grassfed Ground Beef (alternatively if you are vegan you can substitute Black Beans/ Chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup of Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds (or Sunflower Seeds)
- 1 tsp. of fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground Black Pepper
- Heaping 1/4 cup of organic, Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp. of Liquid Coconut Aminos
- Dill Pickle slices
- Red Onion slices, optional
- Arugula, optional
- Combine mushrooms, shallots, and beets in a food processor. Pulse for approximately 30 to 60 seconds, or until finely chopped.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil and lower to medium. Stir in mushroom/shallot/beet mixture and saute until softened, or for approximately eight to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine cooked vegetables with the ground beef (or a combination of mashed and whole black beans/chickpeas), pumpkin seeds, sea salt, and black pepper until everything is mixed well. I use my hands for this. Refrigerate the mixture for at least 30 to 60 minutes. Form into patties.
- Preheat grill over medium heat. Grill burgers for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until they reach the desired temperature.
- While the burgers are grilling, combine the peanut butter and coconut aminos, stirring until mixed.
- Serve the burgers over a bed of arugula and top with the sweet peanut butter sauce, dill pickle slices, and red onion slices.