Curried Sweet Potato Soup
With Go Raw Sprouted Simple Granola
Vegan, Gluten Free
- 5 small Sweet Potatoes, washed and dried (for 2 cups puree)
- ½ cup diced Onion
- ½ cup diced Carrots
- ¼ cup diced Celery
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 cups low sodium Vegetable broth
- 1 cup Coconut milk (or more vegetable broth)
- ½ tbsp. Curry powder*
- 1 tbps. Chili powder
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt (optional, I omitted)
- 3 cups Kale, roughly chopped
- Savory Granola*
- Red pepper flakes
- Serves 3-4
- Preheat oven to 410 F.
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Place them onto a silicon mat lined baking sheet (or sub parchment paper). Prick the potatoes with a knife in 4-5 places, then place the tray into the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, or until soft and oozing.
- Place the onion, carrots, celery and garlic into a medium pot, and saute in water or vegetable broth until fragrant and translucent.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool completely, then peel off skin. Discard or eat ;)
- Place back into the pot and bring to a simmer, about 10 mins. Turn off heat.
- Add all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and run until smooth.
- Prepare kale by simply steaming it until soft. Top the soup with kale, savory granola and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.