Leek & Potato Soup
WITH GO RAW GARLIC THYME SALAD TOPPERS
- 5 medium leeks, cleaned and dark green parts removed
- 1 lb of red potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- ½ cup Go Raw Garlic Thyme Salad Toppers (for serving)
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped (for serving)
- Thinly slice the leeks and cut the potatoes into ½” pieces.
- Add the olive oil, leeks, and ¼ teaspoon sea salt to a large pot and heat on medium-high. Saute leeks for about 10-15 minutes until the leeks begin to caramelize, then add the garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, bay leaf, and vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a boil, and simmer uncovered for at least 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, remove the bay leaf, stir in the tarragon. Remove half of the soup from the pot and blend it. Return it back to the pot and stir to combine. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Spoon the soup into bowls and top with Garlic Thyme Salad Toppers and chives.