Sumac Eggplant with Tahini and Figs
WITH GO RAW SEA SALT & CRACKED PEPPER SALAD TOPPERS
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 tbsp ground sumac
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 8 fresh figs (we used black mission and tiger figs)
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup Go Raw Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Salad Toppers
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wipe the eggplant clean and slice them in half lengthwise. You can keep the tip on the eggplant for dramatic effect (just don’t eat it). With a paring knife, score the flesh deeply in a diamond cross-hatch pattern by making long diagonal cuts and then rotating the eggplant to make another set of similar cuts. Be careful not to pierce the skin. Put eggplant cut side up on the baking sheet.
- Brush cut side of eggplant with olive oil until all oil is absorbed. Rub cut sides with sumac and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast eggplant for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Mash garlic clove with a pinch of salt and a fork in mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, tahini, cumin, and water and whisk together until fully mixed.
- Slice figs in half lengthwise. Arrange eggplant and figs on a large platter and drizzle with tahini sauce. Top with Go Raw Salad Toppers and fresh mint.