German Beet Salad
WITH SEA SALT & VINEGAR SNACKING SEEDS
- 6 medium beets, about 2 lbs (we used a combination of red, golden, and chioggia)
- 2 tbsp onion, finely minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Sea Salt & Vinegar Snacking Seeds
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash and peel beets. If using multiple varieties, put each variety in its own roasting pan to maintain distinct colors. Fill pan about halfway with water, generously season with Kosher salt, and cover with foil. Roast in oven for about 45 minutes.
- Remove beets from oven and allow to cool.
- Lightly toast caraway seeds in a frying pan.
- In a bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, horseradish, onion, caraway seeds, sugar, sea salt, and pepper.
- Slice beets and arrange on a platter.
- Spoon dressing over the beets.
- Top with chives and Go Raw Sea Salt & Vinegar Snacking Seeds.