Vietnamese Jackfruit Salad
WITH GO RAW SPROUTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 2 cans young jackfruit
- ½ cup fresh rau ram leaves*, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce or vegan fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice (from 1-2 limes)
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 Thai chili, minced
- 1 tablespoon scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crispy fried shallots
- ¼ cup Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- Vietnamese sesame seed rice crackers (bánh tráng mè)*
- *available at most Asian markets
- Drain canned jackfruit and rinse with cold water. Squeeze out excess water and chop into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- In a pan, heat vegetable oil and sautee shallots until soft. Add garlic and chili, continue to sautee until fragrant, but not brown.
- Reduce heat and add fish sauce and sugar. Sautee for 1-2 minutes until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour the sauce over the jackfruit. Mix to combine.
- Add the lime juice, rau ram, and cilantro to the jackfruit mixture and toss to combine.
- Prepare the sesame seed rice crackers by heating them up one at a time in the microwave. Microwave times may vary, but most will puff up completely in one minute. If you find your rice crackers are burning after a minute, try running them under water before microwaving and/or adjust the time. Break up crackers into pieces.
- Top the jackfruit salad with scallions, crispy fried shallots, and Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds.
- Serve salad with prepared sesame seed rice crackers and enjoy!